Monday, March 17, 2014

Essence spam!

Hi there my pretties!
Today I have some Essence polishes to share with you. Sarah from The Heat Group was kind enough to send me some polishes to review, so here is the first instalment.

Metal Glams
This is from the BRAND NEW collection, Metal Glam:
Petaltothemetal
Petal to the Metal. I actually liked this polish a lot more than I thought I would! It’s a pretty, delicate pink-toned lilac. It went on quite smoothly with not too many brush strokes. This was two coats but it was almost a one-coater! Almost unheard of for such a light shade. This would be fantastic to use for stamping, I think.

Steel-ingthescene
Steel-ing the Scene. Not going to lie, this isn’t really my kind of colour, but I didn’t mind this. It wasn’t a brassy bronze  so it went a lot better with my skin tone than most bronzes. This one was streakier than Petal to the Metal but still not too bad. I wasn’t too careful when applying it so I think you could get a lot less brush strokes than I did.

This is one of Essence’s core collection, Red Ahead:
RedAhead
Er. It’s brown. I didn’t realise it was meant to be red until I read the label! To me, it’s a beautiful chocolate brown creme. I love it! Browns are one of my favourites (even though a lot of people don’t like them) and this will be perfect for winter. I’m really unsure as to where the ‘red’ in the name comes from, but I don’t mind as I’m chuffed it’s a brown instead! This was two easy coats.

I hope you enjoyed the Essence spam! I’ll be back tomorrow with some Ulta3 spam!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment