Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy 2nd blog-iversary–then and now

Happy blo-giversary to me!!!

 

Today marks two years since I started blogging. I can hardly believe I’ve stuck to it this long. While I’ve been a little irregular with my posting in the past six months or so, I always come back to the blog when I’m ready Smile

 

I wanted to take a look at how my manis have changed and improved over time.

 

This was my first mani I showed on the blog:

This was also my first EVER frankenpolish *hangs head in shame*. This was back in the days where I thought you could add just any glitter to a nail polish and it would work. So I used some craft glitter I got from the local newsagent. I tell you what, I must be ahead in the trends because this could definitely be a textured polish Winking smile It was gritty and bumpy but I was proud of it because it was my first!

 

This was the first mani I showed on the blog of another brand:

I thought this was a great photo at the time. Now all I can see is messy application, zero clean up and uneven nails. I still have this polish but I haven’t used it since.

 

This was my first attempt at nail stamping:

I hadn’t quite worked out how to line up the stamps and apply a top coat without smudging. I was very proud of this at the time!!!

 

This was my first Spectrafranken, September 2011:

Now this one, I still love. I used Ulta3s Bouquet as a base colour and added Spectraflair, which I bought from Cathy at More Nail Polish. This sparked my obsession with making my own nail polish.

 

And when I learnt I could actually buy suspension base, tints, pigments etc and make my own polish from scratch, I created this, November 2011:

 

I called it Bloody Mary. It was a squishy red jelly with red micro glitter and red holo hexes. I’m pretty sure I still have this somewhere.

 

And the rest is history. Love Thy Polish was born and more pretty colours were created.

 

This is my current mani:

Camomania

This is two coats of MUD Camomania with some stamping from the Pueen Love Elements plates. I love it!

I feel like I’ve come such a long way in these past two years. Sometimes I feel insecure about my manis and if they are good enough but I know in myself that I have improved 100% since the start of my blogging days.

 

Thank you so much for reading my blog Smile
Em xxx

5 comments:

  1. happy blogoversary! it's incredible how much we learn and improve with the help of our little bloggies! I love your photographs with just the four nails.. I really need some practice when it comes to photographing my nails. best of luck for many more years of blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bloggiversary!!! You hve come a long way and there's definitely improvements and you will continue to keep improving! Wish you more blogging years to come! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies :D I feel like I've improved so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should def do more holos!!!! Congrats on 2 happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2nd blogaversary Emma! :) Your nails look lovely, even in the pics you think aren't that great. And that Bloody Mary franken looks great!

    ReplyDelete