Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Spectrafranken – He’s My Lobster

This week is Spectrafranken week! Each day I will bring you a new creation of mine using Spectraflair.

 

Well, I didn’t believe it but what all the bloggers say is true: it is really hard to franken a great red holo. I tried, and I failed.

 

This Spectrafranken looks way prettier and more holo in the bottle than on my nails:

 

Lobster2ct

Hrmph. It looks a lot more deep pink than red and that annoys me. Although I put the same amount of Spectraflair in the bottle as my other Spectrafrankens, I didn’t get as much of a holo effect Sad smile Booo!

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still pretty, but not what I wanted.

Anyway, I just used NYC Color’s Redhead to make this Spectrafranken. I used my 5mL mini bottles again so I just filled it to the widest part of the bottle at the top and then added three tiny straw spoonfuls of Spectraflair.

Gorgeous in the bottle, as you can see in this post here, but not a true red holo and you have to be out in full sun to see the effect.

 

Ah well, you win some, you lose some!

Have you successfully made a gorgeous red holo? Want to share the recipe? Smile with tongue out

Em

3 comments:

  1. Mine was just the same, but did you Kristy's red one made with Scandal kiss red - it's the best I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw it!! It's absolutely gorgeous. I think the trick is to find the most pigmented red you can as a base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too lazy to franken! I love seeing others work though!

    ReplyDelete