Tuesday, October 25, 2011

China Glaze C-c-courage

Oh look what it is, another purple! Colour me surprised Smile with tongue out

 

This is C-c-courage from China Glaze’s The Wizard of Ooh-Aahz collection:

 

Cccourage2ct

Hmm. I was actually really disappointed by this polish. In my head, I saw it as a purple version of Ruby Pumps but it truly wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a pretty purple, but it just completely lacks the depth that Ruby Pumps has. This photo actually makes it look a lot prettier and more sparkly than in real life.

First of all, two coats of this dried matte. MATTE?! There’s the problem. Even with a thick coat of Seche Vite, I wasn’t impressed.

It’s a pity, because it is a nice shade of purple, but it just didn’t do it for me.

I’ve been wanting to order most of the other colours from this collection but that was when I was sure they were like Ruby Pumps in a different colour. Does anyone have the whole collection? Do you think it’s worth getting the others?

Em

7 comments:

  1. The only other two China Glazes I own that are the same as Ruby Pumps (in a different colour) are Dorothy Who? and Emerald Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emerald sparkle from the christmas collection that had ruby pumps in it to, (whatever year that was) is similar to ruby pumps but in green! I have it but am yet to swatch it. I'm waiting for xmas! I'd recommend getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh awesome, Kel, thanks! I've got the SpaRitual Earth Matters polish from the Earth Day set and that's like a green Ruby Pumps... but it's like a bright medium green.. Is Emerald a deep green?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is a deep green!
    check out scrangie's swatches for it here http://www.scrangie.com/2009/10/china-glaze-loves-you-snow-much-holiday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorothy Who is kinda like the blue version of Ruby Pumps, but the rest are frosty with little glitters in it.. So I'd get Dorothy Who if that's what you're looking for. It's my favorite blue:]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomw, thanks Kel!

    Oooh, Dorothy Who sounds awesome. Once I'm off my no buy .... :P

    ReplyDelete