Friday, September 23, 2011

My first Spectraflair franken

I received my Spectraflair and Colour Morphing Powders from Cathy of the fabulous More Nail Polish on Tuesday.
Let me just say that talking with Cathy about ordering these was so easy, and she shipped them the very next day. I was lucky enough to score the last lot of Colour Morphing Powders, so I was beside myself!

I started with a simple Spectrafranken which I absolutely love:

HotStuff2ct
Hot, right?! I’ve called this one Hot Stuff. It was super easy to make: a whole bottle of Ulta3 Bouquet and approx. 8 tiny spoons of Spectraflair.
I love it. It is so eye catching and the rainbow is so strong.
Spectraflair is so easy to use. I’m hooked!! Even though I’m nowhere near finishing the 2 grams that I have, I want to stock up on more Smile with tongue out
It helps to start with a good base polish. This franken applied like a dream and that’s all down to Ulta3’s fabulous formula. I had minimal clean up work because it just glided on so easily.
This was two coats with a coat of Seche Vite. I had full coverage in one coat but wanted to make sure I had the maximum holo effect ;). And in case you're wondering, the Seche Vite didn’t dull the holo effect at all!

Here’s another photo to show off the gorgeous rainbow a little more:
HotStuff2ct_2
*Happy sigh*. My life is now complete. I am so excited that I can make my own holos in any colour I want. I’m dying to make a dark green holo and I want to have a go at making a red holo.

I will hopefully get my order of 5mL nail polish bottles tomorrow, so I’ll spend the weekend Spectrafrankening up a storm (in between studying, of course!)

I hope you liked my first Spectrafranken as much as I do! Excuse me now, I’m going to go stare at my nails some more.

Em

8 comments:

  1. This franken is gorgeous!
    I also wanted to let you know that you've won my giveaway, so check your email :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D I absolutely love it, keep going out into the sun to drool at it :P
    Omg thank you!!!!! I haven't gotten an email from you though!? My address is zeedeveelgirl @ gmail . com ... can be a bugger to spell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I grabbed a spare bottle of Bouquet cause I thought it would make an awesome base for a spectrafranken too! It looks fantastic Em! I'm so glad your happy with your powders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, great minds think alike!!! I bought it, got it home and went "hrmm, I have two others which are almost exactly like this". Then when I got my Spectraflairs I knew I had to do a spectrafranken with it!! I've already had a comment on it today :D
    I'm SO happy with the powders, I can't wait to play around with them more and try out the colour morphing ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kristy! I cannot wait to try your Terrific Teal one!!

    ReplyDelete