Saturday, August 6, 2011

BYS French White + Cherimoya 2012 Judgement Day

I was in the mood for a simple mani over the weekend because I was still getting over my sickness. The very effort of putting my clothes in the washing machine had me breaking out in a fevered sweat so I knew I had to keep my nails simple or risk passing out and waking up with my face stuck to my nails.

Don’t laugh, last year I had this same kind of illness and I pushed myself to go to uni and ended up passing out at a bus stop, throwing up on my way down and splitting my face open. I ended up with a hell of a black eye, graze down one side of my face and four stitches in a big cut above my eye. I have some awesome photos of it Smile with tongue out

I learnt a massive lesson from that: when you’re feeling sick, it is just not worth pushing yourself.

I pushed myself to go to uni because my tutor threatened the whole class pretty much every week by saying “you MUST come to EVERY lecture and tutorial or you will not pass. If you miss a class, you have to have a damn good excuse. You have to be on your deathbed.”

So I went to uni and I paid the price.

I learnt that sometimes it is just not worth it to push yourself. Nothing is worth putting yourself at risk for. Nothing is more important than your own personal health and wellbeing.

Anyway, lecture over. I hope you learnt something from it too Smile with tongue out

Onto the good stuff:

 

White2coatswcrackle

Two coats of BYS French White with a layer of Cherimoya 2012 Crackle in Judgement Day.

Preeeeeeeeeeeetttyyyyy! I really wanted to use the French White as a base for something but I knew it would apply like a biatch (and I was right).

Two coats later and I still had a streaky mess. But meh, what does that matter when you’re layering a pretty colour like Judgement Day on top!?


Have I ever mentioned how much I love these crackles!? I decided to go matte today, so this was a very quick job. The Cherimoya dries pretty much instantly so you don’t have to worry about smudging.

In the photo, you can see the French White. But not long after I took the photo, the Cherimoya started to “stain” the white, so now it is an awesome light but bright pink. I think it looks pretty awesome. I can understand that it would be annoying if you wanted to keep the white, but it worked for me Open-mouthed smile

 

Have you tried the Cherimoya 2012 crackles? What did you think?
Em

3 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and i hope you feel better soon. Mani looks great! I haven't tried them as i don't have any but they look at as good as ChG & OPI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelz, feeling a LOT better! They are really cool, I love how quickly they dry! BUT you do have to paint quickly or it won't crack properly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez crazy lady, don't ever ever do that again!!

    Drink plenty of water, and rest lots!!

    Mani looks awesome too :D

    ReplyDelete