Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BYS Indian Nights with Konad white swirly stamping

I think I’m in trouble.

I’ve discovered the world of Konad.

For those of you who don’t know, Konad is nail stamping, and it is amazing.

I borrowed my friend Amanda’s Konad image plate, polish, scraped and stamp and have been experimenting with it. This is my first attempt at swirly Konad accent nails:

 

IndianNights3coats

 

This is three coats of BYS Indian Nights and white Konad stamping. There are so many things wrong with this photo:

  • The bald spots
  • The huge gap on my thumbnail
  • The smudged Konad

BUT I do have reasons for them. BYS Indian Nights is a biatch to apply. My bottle is pretty thick so I’m going to have to thin it before I use it again. It doesn’t have great coverage; this is three coats and I still have a few bald spots. And apparently I have an abnormally wide thumbnail, because the whole nail designs are too small for my nail!!! After trying again I’ve managed to get it with minimal gap on the side but this attempt was just a fail!!!

As for the smudged Konad, I blame SV. You’re supposed to use the Konad top coat so it doesn’t smudge.

 

That will be fixed soon Winking smile

Oh yes, I did it. I bought a Konad kit. And not just a small one either. I blame my partner; he found this one for me and said it was much better value. I had to agree, of course Winking smile And that is how I already spent a quarter of my net pay this week … But trust me, it will be worth it. I won’t show a photo until I get it, which will hopefully be within two weeks. Today is stupid 4th July in the US so it’s delayed my order Sad smile I don’t care about the 4th of July, I just want my dang Konad!!!!

 

Do you like Konad-ing?

Em

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to delete the last comment.

    Good job for your first try! I don't want to try Konad-ing because I think I'll be a failure :(

    I ordered a kit of soft stamps, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha all goood! I was like whaa, where did it go!?

    Konad isn't hard ... I don't think you'd fail at it at all!!! It just takes practice ... and make sure you get the top coat for it or else it will get smudged!!

    ReplyDelete